Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Paper: Home Decor

Add a touch of fall to your home with a fall bunting!  


With the help of my Cricut Artbooking cartridge, Pathfinding Paper Pack, Brown Glitter Paper, Score Board and jute my fall bunting came together in no time and currently accents our fireplace.  I've also hung him in our kitchen window where he looked equally as cute but I get to see it much more in the living room!  While I love to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving I also like to have pieces out that are more generically fall - I get to enjoy them longer! :)

Here's how this little gem came together...
First, the ability to cut the banner shapes out with Artbooking is a complete time saver.  Then, I scored each kraft banner at 1/4 inch to give the paper added dimension.   (You could use the other side which would add another look as your scored lines would look like little speed bumps instead of sidewalk cracks.)  I used pop dots behind the kraft paper to add depth and to allow the pattern paper to be a bit more visible.  Remember how I said I was loving Close to My Heart's glitter paper?! Seriously.  Love it!  I cut all these leaves out using Artbooking and my Cricut.  I love the look of the glitter leaves and the best part is I do not have to work a bit when handling this bunting - the glitter stays put!  I adhered the leaves with liquid glass.  Finally, I strung jute through all the pieces I made.  Done.  

Your turn to make one!  How long do you want your bunting?  Shorter? Longer?  Make it yours... Add more pieces to add length or use less to shorten it up, space them farther apart or closer together.  What else could you use for fall?  Pumpkins, Acorns, Cornstalk, Words: Fall, Autumn, Blessings, Thankful, etc. 

Do you want to make one of your own but don't have all the supplies?  Host a home decor workshop and I'll bring all the supplies for you and your friends to create your own! 

While you work on your fall bunting I'm going to start brainstorming for next seasons pop of paper!


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment