Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Paper: Playing with Paper

What a sunny morning it is here today!! Happy Sunday!

First and foremost, the Artfully Sent Cricut Collection has been released to Close to my Heart and has been available since Thursday!  I know... I know... it's Sunday.   I had a chance to post the exciting news on my Facebook page but not here yet, so how about now??



I am excited to get mine!  I like that it can make cute cards but that it also can be used to create pocket cards for Picture My Life pages and other layouts as well!  This collection is a big one just like all of Close to My Heart's collections.  You can create 400 unique projects from this collection.  The Artfully Sent cartridge comes with 700 images and an alphabet.  The collection also includes 3 stamp sets, (sentiments, frames, and alphabets that coordinate with the alphabet on the cartridge) and a 24 pack of White Daisy cardstock to get your creativity kicked off!   Be sure to "like" my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/inspirecreatecultivate) to get in on all the chatter and announcements! :)

This week I have been creating and completing projects for upcoming home parties and workshops and just getting in some good ol' paper playing! :)

At the end of the month a friend of my is hosting a workshop and one of the things we'll be making is a fall bunting.  I had fun with my Cricut and got mine (the example) made!  By the way, this is also the first chance I have taken to play with Close to My Heart's glitter paper and I'm impressed!  It's durable, the glitter does not fall off and get all over the place when you're working with it and I put it through my Cricut and it cut with out any problems.  I'll be adding more shades of glitter paper to my wish list!  Here's a sneak peak. :)

Artbooking Cricut Collection, Pathfinding Paper, Brown & Tan Glitter Paper

I had a chance to go to a workshop this week hosted by my upline, Karina.  She had a card workshop and ran it using the new {to us} card buffet workshop style that a  CTMH Senior Director on our team, Barbra Otten, uses.  It was fun to create and learn.  It really was great: everyone can work at their own pace, there is variety in design and complexity of the cards and everyone is able to choose to design the cards they prefer.  Here's a snapshot of a few of the cards I made.  Many of the cards were designed by Barbra and some have a Karina twist.  :) I know for sure the top card has a Karina twist; she added a different element on the mounted frame...check out the flower stamped using the "rock and roll" technique.  This marks the first time I have quite literally rock and rolled stamping. :)


So crafting so totally rocks, right?  But, what's the "rock and roll" technique you ask?  I'll let Kristine and Monica demonstrate for you you! :)



My wheels are definitely in motion and I am going to give this Barbra Otten style workshop a spin, too.  Mark your calendars, if you haven't already, for my Christmas Card Workshop on Tuesday, October 28th from 6pm-8pm!  It will be a buffet of cards for you to choose from, stay tuned for more details...

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment