Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Paper: Scrapbook Layout

What a beautiful day! I hope you are enjoying spring. I'm ready for summer and many more super, sunny days!!

Seaside is the perfect summer-y paper packet and just what we're in the mood for this time of year!  I created this layout at my Scrapbooking weekend away last weekend.  I love the colors in this paper pack and also want to draw your attention to how different the paper can look depending on the sides you choose to use or the combinations of colors you choose to pull out.



I used a sketch from Make It from Your Heart Volume 2 as the foundation of this layout.  I love how one sketch can turn into so many different looking pages depending on paper, embellishments, photos and of course each scrapbookers taste.  If you're looking for new sketches and ideas Close to My Heart has several different scrapbooking how-to books as well as a couple cardmaking how-to books, available here.

I've mentioned scrapbooking challenge pages before and sketches are usually our go-to challenge.  If you have a group that you scrap with, give it a try!  Pick out a sketch, everyone commits to using it and when you're all done stop and look at each layout side-by-side you'll be amazed at the differences coming from one sketch!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment