Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Paper: Artistry Cards

Ahh... time for our favorite Sunday Paper!

This weekend I decided to get punny with my Cricut Artistry cartridge.  I giggled a bit so maybe you'll also get a little endorphin lift while you're here too! :)

I was inspired to check out all the little creatures on the Artistry cartridge while listening to our Product Premiere presenters at Convention in July. Naturally, I took it a little further than just checking them out.  I cut them out!  Whale, whoo's ready to get googley-eyed and giggly?

"Hey lil' Squirt!" is my favorite! The phrase inspiration for this totally came from one of my favorite little whale outfits my kiddos have worn.  This whale image is from the new CTMH Cricut Artistry cartridge and the sentiment is stamped from the CTMH Cricut Artfully Sent alphabet stamp set.  I got a couple cuts into my new Zoe paper pack and was able to coordinate with some grey baker's twine and glacier washi tape.  I can't wait to send this off!

"Hey lil' Squirt" CTMH Artistry card featuring Zoe paper. 

I couldn't just make one whale card so I decided "Get Whale Soon" would be a punny card to send someone who could use a pick me up!  I have a pack of teal glitter paper that has been begging to be used.  This card was perfect!  Glittery waves coming on up.  The waves were made using CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  The raindrops from Junebug Puffies matched perfectly (I love when that happens!) and looked way cuter than cardstock for this card.  As with all of Close to My Heart's Cricut cartridges Artistry also has its own unique font.  The "whale" is the font from Artistry and the stamped words again are from the Artfully Sent collection.

"Get Whale Soon" CTMH Artistry card.

Whaley cute, right?  What other "whale" sentiments can you come up with? 

I'm not done yet!  You see there is also this cute little crab that I cut out and got creative with too!

"Oh Crab! This wish is late..."  In a perfect world I would get all my cards and wishes sent out on time.  Well, that's doesn't eggs-actly (I means exactly) happen all the time.   I obviously know this about myself because the Belated Birthday stamp set was one of the first sets I purchased from the current Idea Book.  I purchased the Belated Birthday stamp set but haven't really made Belated Birthday cards until it's belated, of course, and then it's even more belated because I didn't have it ready.  So, I figured it was time... time to be on time with my belated wishes.  "Oh Crab! This wish is late..." and the sentiment on the inside "wishing you a belated birthday!"  Now, I'm ready to be late.  Make's sense, huh?!

This cute little crab can be cut from the Artistry cartridge.  I used some Fundamental scraps for the image, it added nice texture without being too much.  You can actually see more of the embossed image on the Fundamentals from the light in the photo than in person.  A little liquid glass to adhere his googley eyes.  Side note: I'm noticing I used all-caps when I cut out "OH CRAB!" as I did above with "WHALE" and you should know there is a lowercase alphabet on this cartridge also! :)

"Oh Crab! This wish is late..." CTMH Artistry belated birthday card.

Add caption

One more! So I have to say this card actually turned out better than planned because I didn't even realize I was attaching everything on the card upside down until I was all done.  Man!  Have you ever done that?  Well, in this case it worked out just fine and gave me a good giggle! 

"Oh Snap!"
"Oh Snap" CTMH Artistry card.

Whale, thanks for stopping by!  If you are ready to get your hands on CTMHs newest Cricut family member the Artistry Collection or are interested in any of the Cricut Collections they are available on my Online Site.  Let me know if you have any questions I'm happy to help! 



Later gator!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment