Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Paper: Challenge Pages

Good Morning!

So what do you do when you get into a scrapbooking rut?  What do you do when you hit a creative speed bump?  Sometimes it's as easy as grabbing a piece of licorice and asking your friend scrappin' next to you for a little help.  You nibble on your snack, they rearrange some photos for you and wha-la an insta-fix!

Other times... well, sometimes you need a push out of your comfort zone!

For a few years now, when my gal pals and I get together to scrapbook and we get stuck or need a little push outside of our box we do "Challenge pages".  These challenge pages have evolved and continually change depending on what supplies we have in our stash, if we have a new magazine full of fun layouts and ideas we want to try or ...whatever! Often times challenge pages help us to create faster than we would otherwise because we have a focus.

This last weekend I got a lot of paper playing in with my girls!  We had ourselves a weekend Paper Playdate!! :) I brought a few new challenges with to spice up the weekend.  I created and brought with me some Crafty-Tic-Tac-Toe Boards.  The idea was they needed to use 3 different supplies making a tic-tac-toe (3 in a row) horizontally, vertically or diagonally.  It was a fun new challenge.  I made several boards but here's one as an example. Give it a try this week! It forces you to add something to a layout/card you otherwise might not have thought to do.  There were some giggles, some "Really?! I have to put bling on this page?", some quick additions and overall some pretty neat outcomes this last weekend.


And, I thought I was bringing the challenges... I was given a challenge page of my own!   A friend of mine found a super great deal on some cute pattern paper (sorry I don't have a picture of the original pieces) and it was my challenge to use it to create a layout.  I created the layout below that everyone was able to create during our weekend.  Challenge accepted!  

We R Memory Keepers Pattern Paper,
CTMH Sunset, Slate and All the Details Stamp Set

Do you ever find yourself repeating elements, picture placement or colors in your layouts?  This last crop using blocks of paper in rows behind my photos was definitely my thing.  

Creative Memories Paper and Stickers,
CTMH Mini Stapler, Edge Distresser and Chocolate Spritz

Oh! and arranging photos in a grid, well, that's always kinda my thing... :)

Have a great week! 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment